[glue-wg] No audio

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Tue Sep 17 12:08:12 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I couldn't follow the end of the meeting as suddenly I couldn't hear
you, I guess it's because Shiraz dropped out of the server.

I hope we will manage to find an agreement to close the LDAP document. I
think me, Stephen and a mediator and whoever wants to follow the
proceedings should sat down in front of the document and accept-reject
changes. In this way we can also quickly show how things are done in
reality and comment about it.

As I said, since the integration effort was done during EMI, the
implemented technology follows almost all the lines described in that
the July 2012 review. And we tried to stick to the real implementation
as much as possible.
So I don't understand Stephen's fear that current implementations do not
follow these guidelines. They actually do!

I really think the only dispute is about the DIT tree. I already said
many times I'd like at least implementation examples to be there, but if
this is so bad, it can be dropped to some other document.

I am in for some follow-up meeting to complete Stephen's slides, but
mind that I sent a couple of slides with ARC's view on things.
At the cost of repeating myself, Stephen slides are the the best summary
I've seen about what happened in LDAP so far, as they focused discussion
on real problems we had to face during integration.

Cheers,
Florido
 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli