[glue-wg] No audio

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Sep 17 19:03:29 EDT 2013

Hi Florido, Stephen

would you mind sending your slide decks (or pointers) around again?  I
guess they have been on this list in the past, but I didn't pay
attention I guess... - apologies!

Also:

> I really think the only dispute is about the DIT tree. I already said
> many times I'd like at least implementation examples to be there, but if
> this is so bad, it can be dropped to some other document.

If this turns out to be the crux of the problem, then separating that
out might indeed be an easy option...

My $0.02,

  Andre.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Florido Paganelli
<florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I couldn't follow the end of the meeting as suddenly I couldn't hear
> you, I guess it's because Shiraz dropped out of the server.
>
> I hope we will manage to find an agreement to close the LDAP document. I
> think me, Stephen and a mediator and whoever wants to follow the
> proceedings should sat down in front of the document and accept-reject
> changes. In this way we can also quickly show how things are done in
> reality and comment about it.
>
> As I said, since the integration effort was done during EMI, the
> implemented technology follows almost all the lines described in that
> the July 2012 review. And we tried to stick to the real implementation
> as much as possible.
> So I don't understand Stephen's fear that current implementations do not
> follow these guidelines. They actually do!
>
> I really think the only dispute is about the DIT tree. I already said
> many times I'd like at least implementation examples to be there, but if
> this is so bad, it can be dropped to some other document.
>
> I am in for some follow-up meeting to complete Stephen's slides, but
> mind that I sent a couple of slides with ARC's view on things.
> At the cost of repeating myself, Stephen slides are the the best summary
> I've seen about what happened in LDAP so far, as they focused discussion
> on real problems we had to face during integration.
>
> Cheers,
> Florido
> --
>  Florido Paganelli
>    ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
>    System Administrator
>  Lund University
>  Department of Physics
>  Division of Particle Physics
>  BOX118
>  221 00 Lund
>  Office Tel: 046-2220272
>  Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
>  Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli

Nothing is really difficult.