[glue-wg] Hybrid-hyerarchical XML schema request

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Tue Jan 22 06:16:53 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'd like to remind you that the only official version that we have of an
XML schema, the hybrid/hyerarchical, is going to be referred as some
community-based maintained schema, and there will be a translator to
change that into the flat version that David is writing.

Asd part of the community using it, I would ask to put back the

   <Services></Services>

Container for Service. I think this is actually a rollback to some
previous versions of the XML schema.

At present the only software actually using such GLUE2 schema that I
know are:

  - ARC
  - EMI Execution Service

So it should not be a problem to have that back. It works nicely when
aggegating services from different machines and in documents that have a
mixture of GLUE2 XML and other XML meta information from other schema.

What's the opinion of the group about this?

Regards,
--
Florido Paganelli
Lund University - Particle Physics