[glue-wg] GLUE WG teleconference reminder, Thursday, May 31, 2012

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Wed May 30 11:49:02 EDT 2012

On 05/30/2012 04:39 PM, JP Navarro wrote:
> Greetings Glue WG,
>
> Coordinates and agenda for tomorrow's GLUE WG teleconference follow:
>
> *NOTE* 14:00-15:00 Central Europe and 8:00-9:00 AM US Eastern (versus 9:00-10:00 AM US Eastern)
>
> Coordinates:
> : Thursday, May 31, 2012
> : 14:00-15:00 Central Europe, 8:00-9:00 AM US Eastern
>
> Teleconference and screen sharing:
> : https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/ogf-glue-wg/ (Adobe Connect)
> : Login as Guest using your real name
>
> Agenda:
> 1) Proposal to introduce Service and Endpoint substitution groups by David Meredith (20 minutes)
>    Discussion points:
>    a) Review draft changes circulated by David, both the approach and chosen elements
>    b) Next steps: Vote to approve at OGF35? Upload to Grid Forge? Any other next steps?
>    Rendering document token-pen: David
>
> 2) Finalizing an XML rendering agreement (20 minutes)
>    Discussion points:
>    a) Can XSEDE adopt the globalized schema?
>    b) Do we have an agreeable set of globalized elements?
>    c) How to represent cross-references/associations for globalized elements?
>    Background material:
>    - Globalized schema: https://github.com/OGF-GLUE/XSD/blob/master/schema/GLUE2.xsd
>    - TeraGrid/XSEDE schema: https://github.com/OGF-GLUE/XSD/blob/master/schema/teragrid_glue_2.0_r01.xsd

I'd like to add the request to add back a <Services></Services> element
to contain Service and ComputingService elements?

> 3) Other proposed/outstanding GLUE2 changes (10 minutes)
>    a) EGI service name and type values. Put the list of service names and type enumeration values on Google doc per our last meeting? Who?

I did it, check the links on the wiki page. However I still have to add
UNICORE services. Will do end of this week or next week.

>    b) Status of LDAP proposed changes, who has them and can circulate them?

It's me and Balazs but we cannot attend the meeting since we are at the
NorduGrid annual conference.
I will inform Balazs later today, he was supposed to close the document

> 4) Plan OGF 35 meetings (10 minutes)
>    OGF 35 in Delft, Sunday, June 17, 13:30-15:00, room 1.180
>    Call-in ability arrangements (Shiraz)
>    Possible OGF 35 agenda:
>    i) Substitution group discussion and agreement
>    ii) EGI service names and types discussion
>    iii) XSEDE and globalized schema
>    iv) GLUE2 JSON rendering, scope, flat, etc.
>
> See you tomorrow,
>
> Shiraz Memon
> JP Navarro

Florido Paganelli