[glue-wg] NAREGI requirements (was Re: nordugrid feedback)

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Tue Mar 18 12:31:42 CDT 2008

Hi Yuji,

Yuji Saeki ha scritto:
> These are our particular needs in terms of
>
> (1) Advance reservation (and bulk job submission):
for this item, we have extended the schema in order to support your use
case; please read the tracker and tell us if it is fine with you
(http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/artf6160)
the new spec will be send around tomorrow;

> (2)  Job monitoring:
> When an application program, which consists of multiple components, starts to execute
> on computer systems belonging to multiple sites in NAREGI environment, each of the
> components has to get information about the systems where other components run
> to transfer data among them.

this is recorded in the following tracker:
http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/artf6161
the use case is not enough clear to us. If we understand correctly, you
consider the fact that a set of interrelated tasks (e.g., workflow) run
in different computing services.
What are the required information that you need to discover in order to
perform the data transfer among them?

Cheers, Sergio