[glue-wg] nordugrid feedback

Yuji Saeki ysaeki at grid.nii.ac.jp
Mon Mar 10 07:50:07 CDT 2008

Hi,

These are our particular needs in terms of

(1) Advance reservation (and bulk job submission):
NAREGI grid-level scheduler can make advanced reservation of computing resources
in the job execution management. Users can submit their jobs without resource
reservation as well as with it, where not all of LRMS are equipped with advanced
reservation function. So the NAREGI grid-level scheduler has to know which of
batch queues can accept advanced reservation requests or don't accept jobs
without reservation (reservation necessary).
And it also supports bulk job submission, where not all of LRMS are equipped with
array job submission function.
So we require our information model to include the propterties:
  Reservability and ReservasionNecessary to a batch queue,
  BulkSubmissionAvailable to a LRMS.
We can deal with them as a NAREGI specific extension and put them in the key-value pair.

(2)  Job monitoring:
When an application program, which consists of multiple components, starts to execute
on computer systems belonging to multiple sites in NAREGI environment, each of the
components has to get information about the systems where other components run
to transfer data among them.

Yuji