[glue-wg] GLUE 2.0 draft spec comments

Gerson Galang gerson.sapac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 00:22:51 CST 2008

Hi Sergio,

I was looking at the xsd and noticed a few issues..

1. The Service_t has declared Endpoint_Share, Service_Service and
Share_Resource elements which do not get reflected in the ComputingService_t
element. Shouldn't there be an ComputingEndpoint_ComputingShare,
ComputingService_ComputingService, and ComputingShare_ComputingResource also
in the ComputingService_t element?

2. I also found a few elements not being used anywhere in the xsd. One of
them is the Policy_t which should probably be extended by the *Policy_t
elements.

3. Why are the ExecutionEnviornment and ApplicationEnvironment elements
declared in both the ComputingService_t and ComputingResource_t?

4. Rerunnable element has been declared twice in Job_t element

5. Shouldn't there be mapping elements for
ExecutionEnvironment_ComputingShare and
ApplicationEnviornment_ComputingShare. This was the issue we had with GLUE
1.2 and 1.3, there was no way to find out which queue the users should use
to get their jobs running on a particular subcluster that has the compute
resource requirements they are asking for and/or has the application they
need to use.

6. There's no way of knowing which VOs (AdminDomain) are allowed to use the
ComputingShares in the current xsd

There might be others that I've missed but no big issue as schema is still
in draft stage.

We can talk about these issues tonight.

Cheers,
Gerson