[glue-wg] nordugrid feedback

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Tue Feb 26 09:14:30 CST 2008

Hello Yuji,

Yuji Saeki ha scritto:
> I tried to make a glue2 xml example of our NAREGI resource/service description
> based on the recent glue2.xsd (rev1240) linked from the glue group's wiki page.
>
> The attached file is the output of a JAXB application program which retrieves
> information about our middleware test environment ( 5 small clusters) from
> NAREGI information service, translates it from current NAREGI schema to
> the glue2 draft schema and makes an xml document according to the glue2.xsd.
> I haven't applied it to the grid of multiple admin domains yet.

thanks for this implementation experience. This is really valuable for
validating what we are doing.
There is a new version of the XML rendering available in the repository,
you may want to have a look.

As regards, your experience, can you comment on the suitability of
current GLUE for the NAREGI needs?

BTW, are you at OGF? If so, we can talk about it.

Cheers, Sergio

> regards,
> Yuji Saeki
>

> Balazs Konya wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Recently, NorduGrid started to look at the potential xml rendering of the
>> current glue2 draft. We tried to follow INFN's initial attempt (linked from the
>> glue group's wiki page:
>> http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/GLUE2XMLSchema),
>> nevertheless we run into several questions.
>>
>> Please find our questions/suggestions collected on a newly created wiki page:
>>
>> http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/FeedbackGLUE2Draft
>>
>> Sergio, I suggest to go through our items during one of the scheduled phone
>> meetings.
>>
>> Tomorrow or the day after i'll make our glue2 xml examples of a homogeneous
>> cluster, desktop machine, a multi-service computer box available too (i have to
>> clean them a bit, first).
>>
>> Meanwhile i encourage every potential glue2 users that they start putting
>> together small XML/LDAP/SQL examples of their resource/service descriptions.
>> The glue2 draft has reached that level it is feasible to start creating
>> examples. This is the best way to provide feedback to the glue group.
>>
>> regards,
>> Balazs Konya

Sergio Andreozzi
INFN-CNAF,                    Tel: +39 051 609 2860
Viale Berti Pichat, 6/2       Fax: +39 051 609 2746
40126 Bologna (Italy)         Web: http://www.cnaf.infn.it/~andreozzi