[glue-wg] Some doubts

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 17 11:42:22 CDT 2008

Sergio Andreozzi [mailto:sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it] said:
> we might want to add the association from AccessProtocol to
> StorageShare; what do people think about this?

I would like to know what the real use-case is first. If this is really
something specific to a particular VO and site then it might be better
to e.g. use a ShareCapability or ShareOtherInfo.

> also here... I think Riccardo is right. The association from
> StorageShare to DataStore should be changed from StorageShare to
> StorageResource...
> alternatively, we can add in parallel if people really want
> to discover the type of data store on which a storage share is
configured.

I think we should keep the Share - Datastore relation as you can't
deduce it in general if you only have Share - Resource. Maybe we could
add a Share - Resource relation as well - but do we need it explicitly
in the model if it's implied by the existing relations?