[glue-wg] Some doubts

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Thu Apr 17 11:24:32 CDT 2008

Riccardo Zappi wrote:
> You are right about the complicated scenario of supported protocol. I do
> not know if the use of the AccessPolicy on protocol works. Suppose the
> scenario where LHCb wants RFIO protocol available for one StorageShare,
> while for another one LHCb wants only FILE protocol. How can we
> represent this situation with ACL?

we might want to add the association from AccessProtocol to StorageShare;
what do people think about this?

>> is is exactly the role of the Resource - maybe the name isn't very
>> good but the Resource is supposed to represent the management software.
>> So you would have a Resource for GPFS, with an associated Datastore to
>> represent the disk servers.
>>

> In this case, we could define the StorageShare on StorageResource.. or not?

also here... I think Riccardo is right. The association from
StorageShare to DataStore should be changed from StorageShare to
StorageResource...
alternatively, we can add in parallel if people really want to discover
the type of data store on which a storage share is configured.
This will complicate the life of sysadmin who have to configure the
providers, therefore, let us consider this issue carefully.

Cheers, Sergio