[glue-wg] Datastore proposal

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 18:08:49 CDT 2008

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Sergio Andreozzi said:
> would this be 1-to-1 between DataStore and Capacity?

I'm inclined to say yes, the definition implies that the storage is
homogeneous. I'm slightly wondering about Offline storage, i.e. where
tapes are removed from the robot; my inclination would be to regard that
as a separate Datastore, but possibly someone can think of a reason why
not ... of course the people who think that publishing the capacity for
Nearline storage is a bad idea will presumably think that Offline would
be even more crazy, so it may well not matter in practice :)