[glue-wg] Telcon Minutes 25.10.2007

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 30 09:07:59 CDT 2007

We could apply the concept we discussed for admin domains of the form
   "<localdomain>.[<local_subdomains>.]<organization_dns_domain>"
to IDs to make globally UniqueIDs:
   "<localID>.[<local_subdomains>.].<organization_dns_domain>"

Per our discussion, <organization_dns_domain> guarantee globally unique
namespace, <local_subdomains> give organizations a way to organize their
local names using a locally determined (optional) hierarchy.

JP