[glue-wg] New draft of GLUE 2.0 Specification - sites, elements etc

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 08:16:16 CDT 2007

Hi,

I still have reservations about the resource, service, site etc
entities.

The share expresses the relationship between resource and service. I
don't think we need "element" any more.

>From the point of view of service discovery we need to find a service
which has a share with a policy expressing that a particular VO has some
resources. Is all VO specific policy in the share?

If we get rid of element both services and resources might need a
relationship to a site - in which case we should try to define precisely
what that relationship means. It may be different for a resource and a
service

Should I presume that a Computing service is a service (inheritance). If
this is the case we need to think at some stage just how this will be
realised.

Steve