[glue-wg] New draft of GLUE 2.0 Specification - sites, elements etc

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 08:29:13 CDT 2007

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Fisher, SM (Steve) said:
> The share expresses the relationship between resource and service. I
> don't think we need "element" any more.

I haven't read the draft yet, but my take is that the entities we should
be considering are:

1) The service - the external job submission interface, e.g.
globus/condor/cream.

2) The batch system - which has so far never been explicitly
represented, but I think should be (in effect the batch system
properties are currently multiply represented in the CEs).

3) The share, which may represent a policy or queue, i.e. something
within the batch system (one batch system can have many shares).

4) The resource, i.e. the physical hardware (WNs).