[egr-rg] Changes to Include Impact Discussion in Use Case

Toshiyuki Nakata t-nakata at cw.jp.nec.com
Wed Jun 1 20:36:39 CDT 2005

Hi Robert:
Thank you very much.
Miyakawa-san. could you please try to see if you could fill in some of
the values? If not , that's OK.
Satoshi: Could you add the item Robert added to the original template.?
PS I lso think we need to add a filed for the USE CASE author name and
affiliation.

Best regards
Toshi

Robert Cohen wrote:

> Dear Nakata-san,
>
> I have added a few places where I think it would be helpful to include
> comments on how grids will impact this case. I have provided two ways
> to discuss these impacts: what are the impacts today (perhaps in the
> planning stage, the impacts are difficult to document or quantify) and
> what are the impacts in the future/possible impacts in the future
> (more speculative, but interesting because it provides an opportunity
> to indicate what the goals of the grid deployment may be).
>
> I hope this is useful.
>
> Bob Cohen
>
> Toshiyuki Nakata wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert: Thank you very much for your comments.
>> I would be very happy to amend the template to include the impact.
>> Could you please suggest where to best to put it to?
>>
>> Also, I think sometimes it might be difficult to
>> point out the impact at the planning stage.
>> After it has been used for some time, may be...
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Toshi
>>

>> Robert Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> Dear EGR-RG,
>>>
>>> This is a very interesting use case. It would be more useful if
>>> there was a section that allowed the person posting it to explore
>>> some of the benefits of using grids in more detail.
>>>
>>> As it now is written, there are changes mentioned that appear to be
>>> very helpful to the firm. It also appears that some of the benefits
>>> may not be attained immediately, but are expected at some point in
>>> the next year or two.
>>>
>>> If there was a section that allowed a person preparing a case to
>>> discuss the impacts of using grids in more detail and to explore
>>> what the firm believes will be the longer term benefits of grids
>>> that would improve this case study (and others). It would also
>>> provide a place in the case study where the preparer could do more
>>> to compare the impact on the firm using traditional computer systems
>>> and grids.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to consider amending or modifying the structure of
>>> the case studies so that an impact section can be included?
>>>
>>> Bob Cohen

Internet System Laboratories NEC
1753, Shimonumabe, Nakahara-Ku,
Kawasaki,Kanagawa 211-8666,Japan
Tel +81-44-431-7653 (NEC Internal 22-60210)
Fax +81-44-431-7681 (NEC Internal 22-60219)