[dvdvol] A suggestion from a CD/DVD requester

John Hagerson j.hagerson at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 05:24:47 PDT 2005

I received a response to one of the automated messages generated by the
CD/DVD fulfillment system.

The note mentioned Digit, said to be the leading computer magazine in India,
which is distributed each month with two CDs of content. I am of the opinion
that my correspondent thinks that we could possibly distribute the Project
Gutenberg CD through this magazine.

I looked very briefly at their web site www.thinkdigit.com. It looks to me
like an Indian version of PC World or another similar magazine. The monthly
CDs appear to be a compilation of different resources, not the sole product
of any one source. I doubt that we would want to, or could afford to,
advertise in such a magazine. If they mentioned us, we would very likely be
Slashdotted with an overwhelming number of requests.

I'm passing this along because I said I would. Any thoughts?

Have a great day!
John Hagerson