[dvdvol] Re: [Fwd: Problems on downloaded dvd.]

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Wed Oct 20 09:54:16 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:00:43PM -0500, Aaron Cannon wrote:
> Dear Mr. Parker,
>
> Thanks for your offer to help with the DVD.  I'm sorry for the problems you
> had with it but I'm glad you were able to fix them.  We're always
> interested in posting improved versions of our releases, and I'm certain
> that this will be no exception.  I'm CCing Greg Newby, as he is generally
> the person who makes most decisions regarding updates of this kind.
>
> We will soon be creating a new set of disc images and your feedback is
> invaluable.  I'll definitely watch out for the case of filenames.
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> Sincerely
> Aaron Cannon

I'm just adding my thanks, Bob.  The issue you found
is one of several I'm aware of.  This will be fixed
in our next CD & DVD releases.  It turned out the
person who created the image used a Windows box, and
I tested on my Mac before pushing it to our Unix/Linux
servers.  The OS X filesystem, HFS+, is not case sensitive
(though some of the BSD/Unix tools on it are.  It's a weird
mix.)
  -- Greg Newby