[dvdvol] new web forms and new disc images

Marcello Perathoner marcello at perathoner.de
Sun Oct 17 08:47:34 PDT 2004

Aaron Cannon wrote:

> I actually have had similar thoughts.  The biggest hurtle to creating
> the new images is the catalog.  Anything we can do to improve it is
> going to make compiling new isos that much easier.  Although, I must say
> that it has come a long way since last year.  Whoever has been
> maintaining it has been doing an incredible job!
>
> I'm not sure how familiar with the situation you are, but do you happen
> to know how this information was gathered in the first place?  Did we
> just look it up on the LOC web site or is it more involved than that?

I think Alev used the LoC site to get subject and LoC class information.
This was all done manually and at a certain point she wasn't able to
keep up with the increasing flood of new books. Subject and LoC class
information is available until around ebook 8000 and only very sparsely
afterwards.

--
Marcello Perathoner
webmaster at gutenberg.org