[dvdvol] the new CD/DVD work flow system

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Mon Oct 25 14:03:12 PDT 2004

I'm happy to announce that we are finally online for real.  You can now
login and check out CD and DVD requests to fulfill.  The system is now up at
http://www.gutenberg.org/cgi-bin/cdproject/dvdlogin.cgi

Since we are now much more automated, I would like to encourage all of you
to check out fewer requests at a time.  Please try to only check out what
you feel you can mail in the next few days or so.  Don't get me wrong, if
you want to check out a hundred at a time, that's totally fine, just make
sure that you will be able to mail them within a few days.  In short, try
to check out fewer requests more frequently.

Also, after you have mailed the discs, be sure to check them in as
completed ASAP so that the system can send the E-mail to each of the
recipients, telling them that their package is on the way.

If any of the requests are returned to you as undeliverable or do not have
a complete address, check them in as not completable.  If any need to be
brought to my attention, click on the persons name and check the box which
flags them for administrative attention.

All in all the interface should be pretty easy to understand, but if you do
have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.  Also, if you are
one of the few who hasn't requested a user name and password, please Email
me directly.

Thanks again to all of you for your help in this great endeavor.

Sincerely
Aaron Cannon

E-mail: cannona at fireantproductions.com
Skype: cannona