[DRMAA-WG] Meeting Minutes OGF-42, Day 1

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Tue Sep 9 19:06:00 EDT 2014

Dear all,

we discussed a list of open issues for the DRMAAv2 root specification and C binding. Here is a summary of the decisions:

- Root specification and C binding get a new function „reap()“ in the Job interface:
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/163
- The C binding gets a new function „exit()“ on global scope:
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/103
- Root specification and C binding get a new attribute „jobName“ in the „JobInfo“ structure:
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/102
- The C binding will define the file name for the implementation-specific header file:
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/162
- All extensible structures in the C binding get an additional attribute, pointing to the impl.-specific data structure:
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/160
- The C binding gets methods for list copying and dictionary copying:
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/58
- C binding constants shall be declared as extern, so that the implementation defines them:
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/57
- Minor text clarifications and method name fixes in root specification and C binding:
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/61
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/114
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/113
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/104
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/59
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/165

For the following issue, we came to no feasible conclusion, so your feedback is desperately demanded:
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/116
http://redmine.ogf.org/issues/115

Please note that DRMAAv2 (C binding) is now shipped with Univa Grid Engine 6.2 as official part of the product, which is a huge step forward. This also makes the development and testing of language bindings much easier.

Daniel Gruber gave us some insight into the Go language binding and the according prototype implementation:

http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/drmaav2-go-binding/repository/revisions/master/changes/drmaa2-go.pdf
https://github.com/dgruber/drmaa/tree/master

Due to several requests, we are now also actively targeting the Python and Java language binding. Check for updates in the OGF Redmine pages.

Best regards,