[DRMAA-WG] maxSlots attribute

Daniel Templeton daniel.templeton at oracle.com
Mon Mar 22 11:47:35 CDT 2010

Beyond being related to the parallel environments, slot availability is
also governed by resource quota sets.  Note that slots in SGE are both a
queue-level and host-level concept.  A single host might have two
queues, each with 4 slots, but the host itself offers only 6.  That
means two queue slots will always be empty, but which queue has them
depends on the order the jobs are assigned.  Hence my previously stated
reservations about including a queue concept.

Daniel