[DRMAA-WG] maxSlots attribute

Daniel Gruber D.Gruber at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 22 08:05:13 CDT 2010

In SGE minSlots and maxSlots are in tight relation to the parallel
environment
which is reflected in the new standard with an configuration name. This
inter-attribute dependency does not look like a very clean approach, which
I mentioned also in the meeting.
Regarding SGE minSlots,maxSlots and the queue name have not a mandatory
relationship which means that selecting a special queue is not necessary
in order
to use the slots attribute.

Regards

Daniel