[DRMAA-WG] Meeting minutes - Conference call - Jul 28th - 19:00 UTC

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Thu Jul 29 02:59:02 CDT 2010

Participants: Mariusz, Roger, Dan, Peter
Special guest: Rayson Ho

The conference started late, since both co-chairs were late. Sorry to anybody who gave up before 19:15 UTC.

> 1. Meeting secretary ?

Peter.

> 2. Since job templates are now structs, should we do the same with ReservationTemplate ?

- Some recent adjustments of Mariusz in the wiki
- Reservation* structures are now aligned to latest developments in the Job* structures
- New MonitoringSession::getAllReservations() function, agreed by group, support in SGE approved
- Proposal by Mariusz to allow Reservation object fetching from Job object - agreed
- Proposal by Mariusz to introduce ReservationInfo as separate struct, similar to Job* structures - agreed

> 3. What shall we do with ReservationTemplate::nativeOptions ?

- Already solved by Mariusz, ReservationTemplate now also supports drmsSpecific attribute

> 4. Add OS version to ReservationTemplate ?

- No. Majority of systems just allow to request a general OS type, but not a specific variant

> 5. What shall we do with email / blockEmail in JobTemplate ?

- blockEmail identified as (incorrectly generalized) adoption of old SGE feature - to be removed
- New semantic is that a missing eMail attribute in the job template leads to no eMail sending at all
- Status mails for the submitters user account (f.e. as in Condor) demands now explicit setting of the user name in the JT eMail attribute
- Roger: Explicit eMail address specification is demanded in the field (resolving issues on execution host)

> 6. Sanity check for OS type description (check http://tinyurl.com/25cy9u7 )
> 7. Proposal for new JobInfo attributes: priority and memory consumption (check Google spreadsheet)
> 8. Is JobInfo::jobTemplate enough, or do we need to extract the supported job monitoring attributes from JobTemplate ? (check Google spreadsheet)
> 9. Is SGE really not able to distinguish between user mode CPU time and system mode CPU time ? (check Google spreadsheet)
> 10. Collaborative editing of Google spreadsheet
>
> Google spreadsheet:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqyvnBscJNqxcnJBSUs5dXRrU29EUVhGOGthc1lDTFE

Not covered due to time constraints.

Best regards,