[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA-WG Jan 29, 2008 call

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Jan 29 13:26:26 CST 2008

Quoting [Daniel Templeton] (Jan 29 2008):

> D. Document Comments
>     - Still need some from outside the working group!
>     - Peter's working on getting some

I intent to submit comments, on behalf of the SAGA groups,
but I am swamped this week.  Will do early next week.
Sorry for being late.

A second point: we started a discussion about DRMAA and SAGA
and future versions etc at last OGF, and I promised Daniel
to work on a draft on how an integration could look like from
the SAGA  point of view (uhm, what a sentence ;-).

Despite our silence, we have in fact worked on this, and
would like to discuss the draft at next OGF.  We have
schedules 50% of a session for that.  The session is
currently scheduled for Monday 3:30 pm.  Is that slot
colliding with any plans for you guys?  Would you be able to
attent?

However, the slot may move again (collides with some OGSA
DAIS session which is the topic of the second half...)

  Best regards, Andre.

> Rajic, Hrabri wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > the bi-weekly DRMAA call is scheduled for 17:00 UTC (9:00PST - Pacific
> > Standard Time /11:00CST/ 18:00 Central Europe Standard Time).
> >
> > We will use phone; thanks to Dan, for the meeting:
> >
> > 	Toll-free: 866.545.5227
> > 	Host-paid: 865.673.6950
> > 	Access code: 5988285
> >

> > Meeting Agenda:
> >
> > A. Meeting secretary for this meeting?
> >
> > B. Acceptance of the last meeting, Jan 15, 2007 call minutes, attached.
> >
> > C. Current documents status
> >
> > D. Current discussion items
> > 	- versioning revisited if Dan Templeton joins us
> > 	- misc
> >
> > Best regards,
> > 	Hrabri

> > Subject:
> > [DRMAA-WG] Minutes for DRMAA-WG Jan 15, 2008 call
> > From:
> > Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
> > Date:
> > Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:58:09 -0800
> > To:
> > DRMAA Working Group <drmaa-wg at gridforum.org>
> >
> > To:
> > DRMAA Working Group <drmaa-wg at gridforum.org>
> >

> > Participants:
> >     Hrabri Rajic
> >     Roger Brobst
> >     Andreas Haas
> >     Rayson Ho
> >     Peter Troeger
> >
> > A. Meeting secretary for this meeting?
> >     ----> Andreas
> >
> > B. Acceptance of the last meeting, Dec 4, 2007 call minutes, attached.
> >     ----> Accepted
> >
> > C. Current documents status
> >     ----> The timer still runs until Feb. 8th. We still need commets!
> >
> > D. Current discussion items
> >     - versioning revisited
> >     ----> Current status of discussion:
> >         (1) The "versioning issue" is just affects the Java binding.
> >         (2) As of now there was no OGF 1.0 Java binding. That means
> >             any Java DRMAA implementation that denoted itself as "1.0"
> >             was premature. Once the Java binding spec becomes officically
> >             recommended by OGF we can announce the official 1.0 Java binding.
> >
> >     - going forward and regrouping
> >     - misc
> >     ----> DRMAA Xgrid from Fedstage passes DRMAA testsuite
> >

> > http://gridengine.info/
> >
> > Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
> > Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
> > Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
> > Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering
> > --
"We've got too much time to waste to stand around here doing things."
                                                             - Tigger