[DRMAA-WG] Torque/PBS DRMAA - DRMAA_ERRNO_ATTRIBUTE_NOT_IMPLEMENTED issue

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Tue May 1 21:13:16 CDT 2007

Issue:

In some cases it might be really hard or even impossible to implement
some of the mandatory DRMAA attributes. For different DRMS this could
vary. We therefore suggest adding a new error code to the specification:
DRMAA_ERRNO_ATTRIBUTE_NOT_IMPLEMENTED.
This value could be returned by drmaa_set_attribute() and
drmaa_set_vector_attribute().

Furthermore, in case of future development of DRMAA, it might be desired
to introduce optional routines and therefore DRMAA_ERRNO_NOT_IMPLEMENTED
error code could come in handy. One use of such an error code could when
using drmaa_control() one tries to request a job state change not
feasible in specific DRMS.

This seems like a very good idea.   Since it is coming late in the
process, I suggest we target the recommendation for DRMAA 1.1 Errata.

-Hrabri