[drmaa-wg] DRMAA TEST SUITE

Ruben Santiago Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Sat Mar 18 07:16:02 CST 2006

Hi,

> Cool. We have a hard deadline at the beginning of April - would it be
> possible to have something from you until this point in time ?

Sure, the document will be ready next week.

> Sorry, no - the text seems to be misleading. drmaa_wifexited() informs
> you whether or not detailed exit information is available from the DRM.
> A 'normal termination' therefore includes an application termination
> through signaling. The term "normally" is a little bit confusing here.
>
> There is already some discussion about improving the wif_ descriptions:
>
> https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/?aid=1125
>
> We should take this as serious indication that this description needs
> even more improvement.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Peter.

OK, Thank you very much for the explanation. Just to make sure I get it
 right. In the ST_INPUT_FILE_FAILURE test, the job is not able to run as
 there is no input file, and therefore there is no exit information. Is this
 an example of an abnormal termination?.

Thanks again and best regards

Ruben

 Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
 Assistant Professor
 Dpto. Arquitectura de Computadores y Automatica
 Facultad de Informatica
 Universidad Complutense      phone  : +34 91 394 75 38
 28040 Madrid                 fax    : +34 91 394 75 27

 Spain                        email  : rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
 http://asds.dacya.ucm.es/