[drmaa-wg] DRMAA TEST SUITE

Peter Tröger peter.troeger at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Mar 18 06:23:59 CST 2006

> 	I am finishing the DRMAA experience document for GridWay. I have been

Cool. We have a hard deadline at the beginning of April - would it be
possible to have something from you until this point in time ?

> reviewing some of the test that the previous release of GridWay was not able
> to pass. In particular, I have a problem with the  ST_SUBMIT_KILL_SIG.  The
> The DRMAA API C Bindings v1.0 document says:
> "The drmaa_wifexited() function SHALL evaluate into exited a non-zero value if
> stat was returned for a job that termined normally,"
>
> As the job is signaled in the test, exited==0 means it did not finish normally
> so the "if" should be:
>
> if (exited!=0) {
>   report_wrong_job_finish("expected non-regular job end", jobid, stat);
>   return 1;
> }
>
> Am i right?

Sorry, no - the text seems to be misleading. drmaa_wifexited() informs
you whether or not detailed exit information is available from the DRM.
A 'normal termination' therefore includes an application termination
through signaling. The term "normally" is a little bit confusing here.

There is already some discussion about improving the wif_ descriptions:

https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/?aid=1125

We should take this as serious indication that this description needs
even more improvement.

Thanks and best regards,