[DFDL-WG] Dfdl Vale question

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Mon Jul 24 04:04:20 EDT 2017

I assume this is a question about serializing (unparsing). Yes you can use
dfdl:outputValueCalc and the dfdl:valueLength() function. These are
described in the DFDL specification. They are supported by Daffodil but
not yet by IBM DFDL.

IBM Hybrid Integration, Hursley, UK
Architect, IBM DFDL
Co-Chair, OGF DFDL Working Group