[DFDL-WG] "bitOrder" attribute seems to have no effect

Champagne, Roger roger.champagne at etsmtl.net
Fri Jul 14 15:09:25 EDT 2017

Hello,

In an effort to model avionic messages that use the ARINC429 protocol, I am
running into an issue with the DFDL attribute "bitOrder", which seems to
have no effect.

I have prepared and documented the smallest sample I could come up with on
github:

https://github.com/rchampag/dfdl/tree/master/arinc429-label

If anyone could shed some light on this problem, it would be most
appreciated. Please keep in mind I am a beginner DFDL user. Thanks in
advance!

Sincerely,

Roger

Roger Champagne, P.Eng., Ph. D.
Professeur agrégé, Département de génie logiciel et des TI
Associate Professor, Department of Software and IT Engineering

École de technologie supérieure
1100, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montréal, Québec, H3C 1K3, Canada
Bureau / Office : A-4499
Téléphone / Phone : +1 514 396 8825 -- Télécopieur / Fax : +1 514 396 8405
Web: http://etsmtl.ca/Professeurs/rchampagne