[DFDL-WG] possible editorial issue - Schema Definition Warning

Cranford, Jonathan W. jcranford at mitre.org
Tue Nov 5 10:30:29 EST 2013

The phrase "Schema Definition Warning" only occurs once in the published 1.0.4 spec (without respect to capitalization), in Section 2.6 Specific Errors Classified:

	"Note: Unrecognized DFDL properties or property values can produce a Schema Definition Warning and an implementation can attempt to process data despite the warning."

Is the concept of a Schema Definition Warning a nascent concept already present in the spec but not well-defined?  If so, this might be a minor issue that warrants an errata.  My recommendation would be that Schema Definition Warning be defined and used consistently throughout the document.

Otherwise, I recommend that "Schema Definition Warning" be replaced in the above sentence with simply "warning".  In this case, this is probably just an editorial issue.

Very respectfully,

--
Jonathan W. Cranford
Senior Information Systems Engineer