[DFDL-WG] Minutes from 10/3 meeting

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 3 16:19:29 CDT 2007

Attached is revised "facets" document based on discussion in the meeting.

Meeting friday on defaults/nulls/optionals.

Also discussed: OGF upcoming meeting - alan going - goals for this are -
udpate on our progress and recruiting.

Also discussed: XPath 2.0 - spec is so huge it makes an excess burden for
DFDL implementations if we say our expression language is all of Xpath
2.0.
Can we subset it? E.g., XPath 2.0 language constructs, but with the
smaller XPath 1.0 function library?
This is not enough as we want to avoid even some language things e.g., we
don't need the  iteration constructs. What else?

Agreed that the most critical thing is that our path language is
consistent with XPath 2.0 semantics.

Alan writing up a proposal.

Mike Beckerle
STSM, Architect, Scalable Computing