[dcifp-bof] Group charter proposal

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Mon May 31 10:31:49 CDT 2010

Am 31.05.2010 um 17:20 schrieb Thijs Metsch:

> Sure in Q6 you can reference to Grid and Cloud. But in the scope and
> focus area it should be crystal clear and narrow focused :-)

+1

> Let's do one step following the other - we don't know yet if we will
> have an API or Protocol (or maybe that existing solutions will even be
> sufficient so we don't need to do anything) - so maybe reword it like
> this:
>
> After initial research the DCI Federation Protocol Working Group will
> deliver an API or Protocol. It will allow automatic negotiated,
> SLA-secured and dynamically provisioned federation of resources and
> services in distributed environments.

I propose to rephrase again and say:

The DCI Federation Protocol Working Group (DCIFP-WG) will deliver a
specification for the automatically negotiated, SLA-secured, dynamically
provisioned federation of resources.

Note that "services" has been removed as well.

> BTW: DCIFP-WG is almost unpronounceable :-) maybe go for DCIFEP?

Nice. I was thinking of DCIfed.

And, guys, remember: no votes, consensus only (after all, it's OGF...)!

-Alexander