[DAIS-WG] Minutes from the DAIS call on 14th May

Mike Jackson michaelj at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 18 11:31:25 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I've checked that all the recommended changes in section 7 of
"WS-DAI and WS-DAIR Implementations - Experimental Document"
have been applied to the DAI-Core and DAIR docs.

I've made overlooked changes and corrected typos and uploaded the new
versions. Main changes/comments are below.

Cheers,

mike

DAI-Core
========

4. Rephrasing of NotAuthorizedFault sentence for operations.

  Did this for DAIR also.

5. WS-Addressing 2005/08 -> 2006/03

  Reverted changes in DAI-Core as we agreed at the telcon not to do this.

10, This id defined as

  On p42, InvalidExpressionFault message definition should use
  "wsdai:InvalidLanguageFault" element instead of using
  "wsdai:InvalidExpressionFault" element Resolution: on p42 change
  "wsdai:InvalidExpressionFault" to "wsdai:InvalidLanguageFault".

  But, this is wrong. We have:

  <wsdl:message name="InvalidExpressionFault">
    <wsdl:part name="InvalidExpressionFault"
               element="wsdai:InvalidLanguageFault" />
  </wsdl:message>

  We want:

  <wsdl:message name="InvalidExpressionFault">
    <wsdl:part name="InvalidExpressionFault"
               element="wsdai:InvalidExpressionFault" />
  </wsdl:message>

  So the recommendation should be to change InvalidLanguageFault to
  InvalidExpressionFault.

  Made this change to DAI-Core.

11. DatasetTooLargeFault

  Added in DAIR for SQLExecuteFactory and SQLRowsetFactory as agreed in
  telcon.

13. Use of elementFormDefault="qualified"

  This only needed adding to XSD documents and <wsdl:types><xsd:schema>
  parts of WSDL. Removed citations in <wsdl:definitions> parts of WSDL
  documents.

  Added elementFormDefault="qualified" for DAIR XSD.

DAIR
====

16. Rowset not RowSet

  Updated RowSet -> Rowset in pictures.

26. InvalidPortTypeQNameFault and InvalidConfigurationDocumentFault

  Added InvalidConfigurationDocumentFault to SQLRowsetFactory

29. Use of "name" attribute in operation input and output

  Made change for GetSQLResponsePropertyDocument and
  GetSQLRowsetPropertyDocument ops.

31. Stored procedures and optional DatasetData

  On reflection, agree with comments by Steve and Mario that this change
  shouldn't be made. If DatasetData is optional then DatasetFormatURI
  should be optional too as it doesn't make sense in isolation.

  I've undid the "DatasetData?" change from p16 and removed Mario/Steve
  comments.

"WS-DAI and WS-DAIR Implementations - Experimental Document" - typos

p26, last para before Section 7

  indepedent -> independent

7.1 DAI-Core

12. Fault message examples

  Cites DAI-Core section 4.1.3. Should cite 4.13.

7.2 DAIR

18.

  SQLAccessDesciption -> SQLAccessDescription

===