[DAIS-WG] Minutes from the DAIS call on 14th May

Steven Lynden steven.lynden at aist.go.jp
Sun May 16 01:48:27 CDT 2010

Hi,

Below are the minutes from the call on the 14th May, which included a
discussion about a couple of outstanding issues related to the final
changes being made to WS-DAI/WS-DAIR. Comments from anyone on these
issues would be very welcome.

Regards,

Steven.

DAIS Call - 14th May 2010
================

Present
-------
      Mario Antonioletti, EPCC
      Mike Jackson, EPCC
      Oscar Corcho, UPM
      Carlos Buil Aranda, UPM
      Isao Kojima, AIST
      Steven Lynden, AIST

Agenda
------

- Status of the final changes being made to the WS-DAI and WS-DAIR documents.
- Current status of the RDF specifications and implementations

Actions
-------

[MJ] Do a final check of the changes made to the WS-DAI and WS-DAIR documents.

[SL] When Mike has finished his check, send a final-call email to the
DAIS-WG list asking for input on WS-DAI/WS-DAIR before submission.

[SL] Send an email to Neil Chue Hong to find out about the current
status of his review of the specifications.

[SL] Compile a list of people/projects using the WS-DAI family of
specifications and put this info up on GridForge.

--

Mario has completed almost all the changes to WS-DAI/WS-DAIR that were
recommended as a result of interoperability testing.

The group went through some outstanding issues:

- WS-DAI change #11: DatasetTooLargeFault - some doubt about whether
it should apply to factory operations but consensus is that it should.

- WS-DAI change #31: Make DatasetData optional (e.g. for queries that
don't return datasets such as SQL stored procedures) - some doubt
about whether we should do this or recommended returning empty
datasets. Consensus is to make it optional.

- WS-Addressing issue: the version of WS-Addressing used by WS-DAI was
updated to a different one than that used by the WSRF data resource,
we should revert back to make this consistent.

Mike will do a final check of the changes. After that we can ask for
input from the mailing list and make a final call. We need to find out
about the status of the WS-DAI/WS-DAIR review and move towards a final
submission which will then allow the RDF querying specification to
move forward.

Oscar suggests that putting up a list of people using the WS-DAI
family of specifications would be a good idea.

Oscar reports on the status of the RDF work at UPM.

- He is trying to find someone to take over from Miguel and work on
the Ontology spec and will make a decision about what to do about this
by the next OGF.

Planning and working out the timelines regarding the RDF work is very
important.

- Carlos has almost completed his implementation of the RDF Querying
specification. This will be used to do interoperability testing with
the implementation developed at AIST.

None of the attendees have definite plans to attend OGF 29. The next
DAIS-WG session will probably be at OGF 30 in Brussels.

Planning
--------

There will be no DAIS session at OGF 29.

Next call on 7th June at 7am GMT.