[ot][random] a partial book experience: Walking Free from the Trauma

Fri Jun 30 16:29:58 PDT 2023

Acknowledgements
I want to thank my family first and foremost. Tony, my husband and
editor extraordinaire, for his love and all-round support over the
years, it has been invaluable in more ways than I can begin to say –
thank you! Hannah and Esther, my beautiful creative daughters, thank
you for being you and always contributing wisdom and love to my life
and this project – I am so proud of you.

Thank you to my many friends (you know who you are!) and Martin, Emma
and Rod for cheering me on and affirming that Mum and Dad would be so
proud. Sheila Mudadi-Billings, your insight, friendship, wisdom,
sisterhood, challenge and honesty mean the world to me. My therapist,
Janet Hawksworth, who faithfully sat with me, helping me emotionally
heal with her kindness, compassion and understanding. Thank you to my
supervisor, Louise Porteous, for your consistent ongoing support and
encouragement – you were there at the beginning of the Post-Cult
Counselling journey and your input has been invaluable. My ICSA
friends, Lorna and Bill Goldberg, Michael Langone, Gina Catena and too
many more to name, who have welcomed me into your circle and have
contributed so much love and insight into my life. Thank you to
Wellspring Retreat and Resource Centre for the opportunity to intern
with you, I never forget all you have done for me. I also want to
acknowledge those who have ‘passed’: Dr Paul Martin, Dr Betty Tylden
and Lady Daphne Vane, all heroes in their time.

Thank you to Camilla Charnock for her beautiful illustrations, and
Lydia Lapinski at thoughtsmakethings.com for the graphic design, it
has been a dream working with you both. I want to thank all my clients
who had the courage to enter into Post-Cult Counselling – I hope you
learned as much from me as I learned from you – and those who
participated in my research and generously gave of their time and
their story. And finally, thanks to the therapists who attended the
Certificate in Post-Cult Counselling and dared to try out my Recovery
Workbook with their clients and found it helped!