[spam][joke][cryptotragedy] checking signatures on boot media

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:28:24 PDT 2021

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 8:12 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2021, 2:59 PM Stefan Claas <spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I explained here a while ago why I like our German ID-card with our
>> Governikus CA and not the WoT.
>> So, in short CA signed keys yes but not so much WoT signed keys.
>

> seems the same to me, just fewer entities.

Only one.

> how do I verify I have the real governikus signature?  what do you do if their key is compromised or misused?

On their website is their fingerprint and I must admit I do not know
how one could compromise
their whole infrastructure, which relies on our ID-cards and a
certified card-reader. In case this
would be possible then the wrong CA would properly sign my key, thus
guaranteeing that it
is me.

>> > I appreciate how spamming this channel gives me psychological relief and [memory aid, records are hard for me].  But I do need reality to escape my psychosis.
>>
>> If you have psychosis, I would consult a doctor for therapy and
>> pharmacy. It should help.
>

> would you rather I not mention it?  what you say is obvious, but also there is not really an accessible full cure yet.

No, perfectly fine for me. Long-term therapy and proper pharmacy
should really help.

> there are two kinds of delusions:
> - those your brain makes up to replace what your senses tell you ("my great grandparent is still alive")
> - those others make up, and provide your senses, to mislead you ("your password is safe with me")
>
> to escape the second form of psychotic delusion, we must take effort in the larger world.

And when you have a psychosis, are you sure you can distinguish between both?

>> Maybe you should take a long break from the grid and do something
>> else, like a nice
>> traditional hobby? :-)
>

> in progress!

Good! :-)