[spam][joke][cryptotragedy] checking signatures on boot media

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:40:59 PDT 2021

> > how do I verify I have the real governikus signature?  what do you do if
> their key is compromised or misused?
>
> On their website is their fingerprint and I

so if I pick up your device or access it with a public exploit, install a
new SSL CA in it, and add my proxy, I can serve you a wrong fingerprint and
you will trust only my pgp signatures and not the real ones?

or is that when I get offered a job with the government and your device is
tacitly fixed?

must admit I do not know
> how one could compromise
> their whole infrastructure, which relies on our ID-cards and a

I would not do this, I would just worry about a criminal with a job in the
government.  do you ever elect those like we do in my country?

certified card-reader. In case this
> would be possible then the wrong CA would properly sign my key, thus
> guaranteeing that it
> is me.

you mean the opposite of that right?  since the wrong CA signing your key
wouldn't guarantee that it is you?

>> > I appreciate how spamming this channel gives me psychological relief
> and [memory aid, records are hard for me].  But I do need reality to escape
> my psychosis.
> >>
> >> If you have psychosis, I would consult a doctor for therapy and
> >> pharmacy. It should help.
> >

> > would you rather I not mention it?  what you say is obvious, but also
> there is not really an accessible full cure yet.
>
> No, perfectly fine for me. Long-term therapy and proper pharmacy
> should really help.

my current therapist I have seen for about a month!

honestly I tend to flee my therapists when we engage too many of my
triggers, I was trained to do this somehow, they don't seem to expect it,
but I hear the right drugs can help reduce it

> there are two kinds of delusions:
> > - those your brain makes up to replace what your senses tell you ("my
> great grandparent is still alive")
> > - those others make up, and provide your senses, to mislead you ("your
> password is safe with me")
> >
> > to escape the second form of psychotic delusion, we must take effort in
> the larger world.
>
> And when you have a psychosis, are you sure you can distinguish between
> both?

And when somebody has put a proxy or such on your system, as is commonly
discussed on this list, how do you make the distinction?