[spam][joke][cryptotragedy] checking signatures on boot media

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:11:36 PDT 2021

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021, 2:59 PM Stefan Claas <spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 5:14 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 4, 2021, 11:31 AM Stefan Claas <
> spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> spreading documentation of personal connections? it seems like an important
> trust mechanism to provide for people who can hold any risk of using it.
>
> I explained here a while ago why I like our German ID-card with our
> Governikus CA and not the WoT.
> So, in short CA signed keys yes but not so much WoT signed keys.

seems the same to me, just fewer entities.

how do I verify I have the real governikus signature?  what do you do if
their key is compromised or misused?

> > I appreciate how spamming this channel gives me psychological relief and
> [memory aid, records are hard for me].  But I do need reality to escape my
> psychosis.
>
> If you have psychosis, I would consult a doctor for therapy and
> pharmacy. It should help.

would you rather I not mention it?  what you say is obvious, but also there
is not really an accessible full cure yet.

there are two kinds of delusions:
- those your brain makes up to replace what your senses tell you ("my great
grandparent is still alive")
- those others make up, and provide your senses, to mislead you ("your
password is safe with me")

to escape the second form of psychotic delusion, we must take effort in the
larger world.

> > Your emails appear unsigned to me.  I assume this is because they are
> coming through some form of govcorp, manipulating us both in some way.
>
> If my emails would come from govcorp, so what? My emails only give a
> reply to an answer
> or have content that others may find useful. They should do no harm. :-)

this is a good wot argument too, you can place trust on content

> Maybe you should take a long break from the grid and do something
> else, like a nice
> traditional hobby? :-)

in progress!