SPF, gmail, the cpunks list, and SFP

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu May 27 03:49:18 PDT 2021

I hear it's possible that cypherpunks emails may be being bounced by
gmail due to something called SPF.  I'm not that familiar with SPF,
but there's some discussion of the issue at
https://serverfault.com/questions/824132/how-to-properly-configure-a-mailing-list-server-to-be-spf-friendly

Also, if you are hand-building a communication interface for a
shielded room, or don't trust your supplier, make sure you get
fiberoptic cable that doesn't have the usual metallic sheathing to
increase internal reflection, or you'll be putting a big antenna
through a wall of your secure environment.

(SFP, a mis-spelling of SPF, is an interface for fiberoptics:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_form-factor_pluggable_transceiver
)