[ot][spam] being scared of police

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 15:58:45 PDT 2021

Person a walks up to person b.

B: "Let's lock our doors!  Take down the surveillance state!"
A: [looks around furtively] "Omigod!"

B: "What are you, some kind of narc?  Come on, everyone is locking their
doors!"
A: "Are you a plant?  Am I in danger?  I don't want to get hurt.  Is it
safer to break the law or obey it here?"

B: "Laws telling you not to lock your doors are the man breathing down your
ass.  Get up and stop milking your own sorry death!"
A: "Omigod!  Are there such laws as that?  I never thought about whether I
might get imprisoned for locking my door!"

B: "Totally.  There's worse stuff than that, too.  Why, the national spy
agencies are taking 80%[number made up for impact] of your taxes and mostly
spend their time actively trying to make people helpless."