Vault1317 protocol: a modern approach for metadata protection with deniablity

ROOT@HardenedVault root at hardenedvault.net
Fri Jun 4 22:29:22 PDT 2021

Hi,

On Friday, June 4, 2021 3:13 PM, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 09:28:52 +0000
> "ROOT at HardenedVault" root at hardenedvault.net wrote:
>
> > Dear Cypherpunks,
> > We are glad to announce the stage 2 of vault1317 has been completed and made public:
> > https://hardenedvault.net/2021/06/02/vault1317-thesis.html
>
> Interesting reading. So those protocols are overly complex and achieve little in practice.
>
> The analysis of morlonpoke's nsa scam is particularly interesting. His protocol is a watered down version of otr, and his centralized amazon-nsa 'service' makes the whole thing even shittier. Of course, morlonpoke is yet another case of pentagon's controlled 'opposition'.
>
> As to otr, using it doesn't change the fact that the physical network and 'low level' proptocols are cotrolled by the enemy so again in practice otr doesn't help much, if anything.
>
> The ability to forge messages to achieve 'deniability' looks rather dubious to me too. How is forging the messages?

 If anyone can forge a message pretending to be yours, when a judge holds a message and claims it is yours, you can deny it by claiming that it is forged by him.

> Your solution doesn't leak long term public keys which I guess is good, but the same general commentary still applies.
>
> ps: I took a look at https://hardenedvault.net/ and your page tries to run spying javashit malware from joogletagmanager and joogleapis. Dude.

S0rry, it's our company website. Try to use tor-browser if you don't want to mess with js shit for stats purpose. You can download the paper (IACR version) and whitepaper( URL) w/o using browser at all.

regards
R at HardenedVault