Vault1317 protocol: a modern approach for metadata protection with deniablity

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Fri Jun 4 08:14:21 PDT 2021

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 09:28:52 +0000
"ROOT at HardenedVault" <root at hardenedvault.net> wrote:

> Dear Cypherpunks,
>
> We are glad to announce the stage 2 of vault1317 has been completed and made public:
>
> https://hardenedvault.net/2021/06/02/vault1317-thesis.html

	Interesting reading. So those protocols are overly complex and achieve little in practice.

	The analysis of morlonpoke's nsa scam is particularly interesting. His protocol is a watered down version of otr, and his centralized amazon-nsa 'service' makes the whole thing even shittier. Of course, morlonpoke is yet another case of pentagon's controlled 'opposition'.

	As to otr, using it doesn't change the fact that the physical network and 'low level' proptocols are cotrolled by the enemy so again in practice otr doesn't help much, if anything.

	The ability to forge messages to achieve 'deniability' looks rather dubious to me  too. How is forging the messages?

	Your solution doesn't leak long term public keys which I guess is good, but the same general commentary still applies.

ps: I took a look at https://hardenedvault.net/  and your page tries to run spying javashit malware from joogletagmanager and joogleapis. Dude.