Key witness in Assange case admits to lies in indictment - Stundin

David Barrett dbarrett at expensify.com
Mon Jul 5 19:01:37 PDT 2021

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021, 5:56 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 5, 2021, 8:48 PM David Barrett <dbarrett at expensify.com> wrote:
>
>> If so, can you help me understand why you support Sweden prosecuting an
>> ordinary person, but you do not support them prosecuting Assange?
>>

> I formed an opinion on that, now.  It's not the one you say I have.

Ok just to confirm, does that mean you *do* support Sweden prosecuting
Assange for sexual assault, irrespective of whatever happens with the US?
(I'm sorry, the double negative was confusing me.)

[Meditation for criminal cases] is actually available, just not in all the
> legal systems.

To my knowledge, no nation uses meditation as you describe for criminal
trials (eg, murder).  Are you saying that some do?  Can you point me to
which you are modeling your recommendation on so I can learn more?

This is again a situation where [out current system] is usually better than
> [nothing], but [nothing] is better in cases of very frivolous or
> mis-ordered accusations.

Ok!  This helps me understand your position!  You argree that our justice
system is "usually" better than nothing, right?  This is important so I
just really want to double confirm before I build on this.

Thanks!

David