Key witness in Assange case admits to lies in indictment - Stundin

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 02:11:40 PDT 2021

I'm starting to notice how dangerous this list is.  The awareness may be
temporary.

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021, 10:01 PM David Barrett <dbarrett at expensify.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 5, 2021, 5:56 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2021, 8:48 PM David Barrett <dbarrett at expensify.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> If so, can you help me understand why you support Sweden prosecuting an
>>> ordinary person, but you do not support them prosecuting Assange?
>>>

>> I formed an opinion on that, now.  It's not the one you say I have.
>>

> Ok just to confirm, does that mean you *do* support Sweden prosecuting
> Assange for sexual assault, irrespective of whatever happens with the US?
> (I'm sorry, the double negative was confusing me.)

Double negative?

I abstain regarding the decision.  Others are better equipped to make it
than me.  What's important is the circumstances in which the situation
developed, and I'd personally like to focus on those.

> [Meditation for criminal cases] is actually

I think autocorrect altered our conversation.  _Mediation_, not
_meditation_.  Although if you were to take meditation in the "study and
deliberate hard" way ("let me meditate on this exam question") it could
likely help.

available, just not in all the legal systems.

> To my knowledge, no nation uses meditation as you describe for criminal
> trials (eg, murder).  Are you saying that some do?  Can

I vaguely recall that some small areas.  I don't have links.

you point me to which you are modeling your recommendation on so I can
> learn more?

Ask somebody familiar with transformative restorative justice for.  They'll
know more than me.

I pasted you two audio snippets, the first one was from a war between
multiple factions in Nigeria.  I don't think they're still doing it, but I
don't really know.

Some of my information was from the discipline of Convergent Facilitation,
others from Nonviolent Communication.

I'm sorry, I've been abused regarding this topic and wasn't prepared for
your probing questions.  Maybe another thread?

> This is again a situation where [out current system] is usually better
>> than [nothing], but [nothing] is better in cases of very frivolous or
>> mis-ordered accusations.
>>

> Ok!  This helps me understand your position!  You argree that our justice
> system is "usually" better than nothing, right?  This is important so I
> just really want to double confirm before I build on this.

Where nothing is complete inaction, yes.

Actual communication would be far better.

But punk has a point that the justice system can also cause great injustice.

I might need a couple days to recharge.  Maybe I should take better note
when things get all debatey.  I'm honestly not trying to disagree with you;
this seems a pretty inefficient way to come to shared terms.