Ross Ulbricht got 2xLife+40 for a Harmless Website

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 06:34:46 PDT 2021

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021, 8:12 AM kt ss <kshetragya.in at gmail.com> wrote:

> a pattern repeating everywhere seems to be visible. people are no longer
> accepting of differing views. worse, all differing views are usually taken
> to be necessarily hostile.

Ideas:
- repetition of clearly reasonable things can provide clarity
- some people are used to communicating during arguing or by blaming
another group
- personally, it can take me both time and repetition to realise my
viewpoints are ridiculous when they are
- personally, I like Nonviolent Communication, it can be slightly misused
to set a norm for what is considered debatable communication and what is
just flack.  I haven't been able to use it all or most of the time, the
habits are too strong.

and more importantly, each of these views are formed by an opinion based on
> information that is not directly verifiable by individuals. in absence of
> trust in the channels (supposedly) bringing us facts and institutions of
> authorities (supposedly) acting for our good, what are the possible futures?

I hear we can do anything, and it's incredibly hard.

What needs attention?