tor

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sun Dec 12 09:53:24 PST 2021

On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 22:20:40 +0000
zeynepaydogan <zeynepaydogan at protonmail.com> wrote:

> I always say Tor devs have a dark side.

	Indeed. If tor had five sides, like the pentagon, four of them would be dark. Darkness is at the very heart of the tor project.

	Tor is an anonimity network created by the US military, for the US military. The catch is, if only the US military used tor, then they would have no anonimity! Everybody would know that all tor traffic came from the US military.

	So, the US military needs to (ab)use ordinary people to get cover traffic. And that's why the tor project has to pretend that its purpose is to protect the 'privacy' of ordinary people. Notice that the US military includes 'contractors', misleadingly called 'activists' in 'repressive regimes', journos and similar criminals.

	So the 'bright side' of the tor project exists only to give 'legitimacy' to the project and to attract victims that are used as human shields for the US military.