james donalds 'political philosophy'

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Oct 20 22:28:04 PDT 2020

On 2020-10-21 07:10, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:

> 	I'll be waiting for any actual 'cypherpunk' or libertarian to shred donalds 'philosophy' to pieces. I think I'm going to wait a looong time.

The libertarian justification for controls on recreational drug use is
that drug abuse, vice, causes harmful externalities for third parties.

But in fact, we observe most of the harmful externalities of speed and
crack in black communities, and most of the harmful externalities of
alcohol in native American communities.

As a result there are no end of ingenious workarounds to provide
selective restriction on the availability of alcohol in native American
communities while maintaining lip service to equality before the law,
and no end of ingenious workarounds to provide selective restriction on
the availability of crack in black communities, to which ingenious
workarounds progressives turn a blind eye.

>From time to time, good progressives from Harvard notice what is going
on, which noticing always leads to disaster.

We do not in fact have equality before the law, because actual equality
before the law leads to intolerable consequences, because individuals,
groups, and communities are not in fact equal, and require different laws.