Whether To Design Open Source Public Records Equipment

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 01:21:55 PDT 2020

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020, 2:25 AM Punk-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 05:21:39 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >     On Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 02:40:34 PM PDT, Punk-Stasi 2.0 <
> punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> > >    Not about this project in particular. The project is just another
> example of the uncritical worship of 'technology' that people engage in.
> >
> > >    Were you already subcribed when Jim proposed to use retard phones
> to 'anonymously' track people because of the FUCKING FLU SCARE? Self-parody
> can't get any better (or worse). Jim proposed more fascist surveillane
> based on an infinitely idiotic government lie, the very same thing that
> govcorp is doing
> >
> > No, you sleazy liar.  Here is what I said:
> >

>         yes, I dealt with your 'voluntary' fascist garbage in previous
> messages. It's all archived.  You proposed the very same thing that
> google-nsa proposes - 'anonymous' 'voluntary' surveillance because of the
> flu. Get a fucking a grip.
>
>         as to liars, that is you, parroting the lie that the flu is some
> kind of terrible threat requiring even more 'voluntary' fascism.

It is clear surveillance can be deadly.  We need to discuss how to act on
that.

It may be hard to read through such a long post of jim's when the post
considers designing tracking software, but it looks to me like jim was
discussing ways of _reducing_ the harm of google's behavior, not of making
worse surveillance overall.

It sounds like you are aware of community projects being used in a way that
is not actually voluntary?