Human Rights misnomers - Marxist communists - agreements/ contracts

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Jan 14 17:16:25 PST 2020

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 12:04:00AM +0000, Douglas Lucas wrote:
> Hey cypherpunks,
> See below.
>
> On 2020-01-14 23:23, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > So the looney "liberal" lefties (commies) want everyone to -have-
> > everything, including "free"
>
> To borrow some lines from Fabiana Cecin, Everything already is free.
> Paid for by a star.

Achkshuallay, if you discount the efforts of right wing humans, yes,
everything is already "free".

But that could be an argument that won't fly so far:

  - you've now confined the conversation to resources and arguments
    of finite vs infinite, and "can anybody truly 'own' anything" etc

  - not only is this a distraction from human rights vs gibs, one
    where you might e.g. talk about human labour and effort "only
    possible by standing on the shoulders of giants and therefore
    having some 'duty' or 'moral obligation' to 'contribute back to
    society'", you've even discounted that and reduced the argument
    to one of "resource scarcity" and "all resources have already
    been paid for by the Sun"

> You can try to block all that and divvy it up into privatized parcels
> with biz deals and right-wing verbiage, but reality doesn't care.

Yes, reality does not care that my toothbrush and silk undies were
purchased by coin obtained by me by my personal labour - since "damn
your ownership, WE SHARE ALL GIBS!" (with as many SHOUTING CAPS as
you can stomach at the time of the snow rant)

> Mortal
> bodies die eventually, experience itself is a gift, sharing is what we
> do with those we love.

A few truisms, yes.

> Love should extend everywhere,

There are many "shoulds" and ideals in life, and it is thoroughly
recommended to pursue your own truths (as evinced in your "should"s)
to your greatest capacity.

Live thy truth in Latin.

> even past your
> fiefdom of Trump-esque mine Ayn mine.

Charity starts at home.  That is, my first duty is to live my life,
as best I can provide for my needs, and ideally contribute beyond
myself, to my family and then community (fiefdom).  If all those are
satisfactory, yes, contributing beyond, to other fiefdoms, to other
communities, is a worthy goal.

Just don't force folks to do that, and you may find they are actually
inclined to do that.

> If you're worried about The Bad
> People doing The Bad Things to your hoards of magic cryptocoin
> abstractions, mebbe interact in different ways such that The Bad People
> and The Bad Things fade away into nothingness, rather than fantasizing
> about building bigger and bigger walls around your seasteading island
> where all by your lonesome (and purchased caregivers) you count your
> coin until it's finally time to go into your scam cryonics chamber.
>
> Or just keep being Kruge, I guess, from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.
>
> KIRK: If we don't help each other, we'll die here!
> KRUGE: Perfect!
>
> Doug

Unfortunately, far too often we see "lefties" clamouring for Big Gov
to provide for all their personal needs - housing, legal aid, food,
before you know it they'll be demanding dildo's for the destitute and
breeding licenses for all!

A call for self responsibility is not a denial that the atoms we
utilize were created by the Sun.

Every dichotomy is disproved in the micro, often enough in the macro.

To tl;dr the OP: "Legal aid" is not a human right; neither are any
other gibs; human rights ought be lived by many, at least in
communities of people who value living in freedom.

Freedom can never be imposed, e.g. "You are free to purchase (and
abide by) a state issued drivers 'license', or to not drive any
vehicle within your community," is a tyranny, it is not freedom.

( Before folks go off the rails, 'duty of care' means proving
  competency, and one way or another, the community shall ultimately
  handle (e.g. by police or posse) conduct which damages lives and/
  or property - but the right remains, and whilst I exercise my right
  safely, neither you nor your government have any moral authority to
  stop me from exercising my right.
)