UN invitation for Cypherpunks

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 09:01:33 PST 2020

I'll reply as I read.

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 11:25 AM \0xDynamite <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:

> > In Occupy we finally collaborated for a few months.  We welcomed the
> > powerholders to collaborate too, but instead of joining us, they
> > seemed to send people to spy on us and use what they learned to
> > further harm such efforts.
>
> The truth is that there's really no boogey-men up there.  It's a

It's true that nobody is an evil monster.  But we have many real human
leaders, officers, etc who seemed scared of Occupy instead of welcomed
by our willingness to stop any decision if anybody needed it stopped.
It's well documented that the camps were infiltrated and harmed.

> Wizard of Oz scenario, chaps.  Nothing more.  It talks big and carries
> a big stick though, so you have to watch for that.

Talking is a stick, too.  [trigger from my brainwashing:] I'll try not
to learn that you seem to be helping rebels.  Did you see my thread
regarding my therapist?  I just want to make sure we're connected.

> > Nowadays, there are a number of for example economic policies, that
> > not only aid these wealthy people in controlling the planet, but also
> > trend towards continuing the situation, even if they die, by replacing
> > them with other people who emerge with similar values.
>
> This seems to be a result of apathy amidst the intelligensia.  If they

Nah, groups study how to keep things this way.  The education system
guides people towards ignorance of real issues, and groups together
and identifies people who aren't.  Everyone has a different part.

> had more Truth rather than opinions, they'd have plenty of power to

capitalizing T here triggers my exposure to brainwashing resistance.
it may be a value people gather around, when forced to lie.  You can
recognise this anywhere, to find other people trying to escape with
this value.

> fix things.  For example, gasoline and other natural resources should

Here you're introducing a personal preference strategy.  This reduces
how many people agree with you, because other people may have other
preference strategies.
What seems most relevant to me here is that taxation choices are not
honoring people's needs, and that it is easy to solve the natural
resources problems.

> be taxed at every level of government so that the value of it goes
> back to the people.  There's about $85/gal or more of value
> ($1/octane/gal) in each gallon.  Go measure it and compare it to what
> a healthy, able-bodied person would consider that work to be worth if
> used on something that advanced mankind.  A kilowatt-hour is also
> worth about $50/kwh.  Since people are presumed to make value out of

The word "worth" here is supporting the economic system.  Something's
dollar worth is set by the people who plan our economies.  They
studied how to do this in college, and care a lot about us, but do not
know us at all.

> the consumption of either, you can halve these figures for retail
> price.  This one issue alone saves 50% of your problems.  Another 40%

We need to come to agreement with many people on what issue to
resolve.  I value this issue more, now that I understand that you are
passionate about including it.

> is fixed by fixing your voting model (allowing yes and no votes) and

In my country we have ranked-choice / condorset / last-runoff voting
in 2% of the area now, and some others are moving towards adopting it.
Talking productively across boundaries?  Relates truth.

> having smaller terms for lower-level governments so that the average
> person feels empowered to be a leader of their government.  See

the average person feeling empowered to be a leader sounds sooo
wonderful =)  i guess smaller terms means that there are more people
reaching office, but I think there are more productive ways to produce
that empowerment.  Did you see my link to spokescouncil?

> "fractional voting" on the wiki at hackerspaces.org.  You may have to

That page shows as deleted to me.  It is obvious that the community
has been fragmented.

> look under "everything" on the search page because queer poliltics has
> co-opted the movement for a creative economy through hackerspaces and

for Truth over here, in my culture that is a baldfaced lie.  over
here, queer people tend to support creative, inclusive things like
hackerspaces.  The hackerspace movement and the LGBTQ movement share
many interests.  Having community resources helps people who have
fewer than others in the conventional systems.

> buried it.

It sounds like it's helpful for you to describe some living things as
totally dead.  Sounds like this has been needed for survival.  [i do
it myself; i believe it even]

Maybe the future is happening too soon, to preserve hackerspaces
without more relation.

What's obvious is that hackerspaces should have been a welcoming,
global movement that thrived.  Something changed that severely.

> > People who used to participate in Occupy have been through a lot in
> > the aftermath, and have trouble reconnecting with their original
> > effort, and might be scared to do so.  But we also hold in our minds
> > how wonderful it was, and yearn to have these discussions again.
> > People who identify as activists, especially the jaded ones, have all
> > experienced these things.  There are thousands and thousands of us,
millions, really
> > and we all have some different part of the visceral experience of the
> > global corruption and deafness.
>
> I know what you're talking about.  I participated in NYC and in Santa

COOL! I went to NYC for a couple days and could have seen you.  I had
previously run into somebody who was involved in starting it.  My
sister is in California now.

> Fe occupy.  You know what that "visceral feeling" is?  That you're
> doing something for this world besides being a dumbass consumer.  What

=}  0xD is healing my heart here.  He's (and now I realize blaming
queer people for hackerspaces collapsing indicates what pronoun to use
for 0xD) letting me know that my pain is a way to contribute, that I
can remember these things.  He's not saying that consumers are evil;
he's saying that during Occupy we broke the norms, and accomplished
things nobody else could, and that we are still freakin' doing that.

> they got wrong is that the issue of GOD couldn't just be swept under

To help God out here, God is not a right-wing thing, but is
everywhere, and supports everybody.  Personally, I'm not very
judeochristian, but I still see that what is good for everyone, is
also inevitable.

> the rug.  100% of queer politics was gaytheist, so went compeltely in
> opposition to that other pov, which to millions has more proof than

I don't understand what you are talking about here.  I believe in the
consensus process, and have seen it can be fast and make effective
decisions that respectfully include together many diverse views.
Where are you at with consensus?

> monkeys.  Unfortunately, that pov also made the powers that hold

By monkeys you mean god for science people, maybe?

> things above in the all-seeing-eye, so nothing got accomplished,

I don't understand what you are saying here.  I'm sorry; a jaded part
of me wonders if you are generating text like with GPT.

> practically.  Lesson learned, hopefully:  that without Truth,

We learn Truth Wisely, sometimes indescribably bitter, always eventually sweet.

> everything loses power, to the forces of evolution, you might say.

We are all infinitely powerful =)  I see you linking god and science
here.  I walk around with a personally-crafted bilingual dictionary in
my head.  But I mostly know high-school level science.

What I should realise here is that 0xD, like me, is agnostic and cares
for what is right.  He is an immediate ally no matter who I am, on the
religious front.  I already knew 0xD was an ally, because he spoke
with kindness to me, but it helps to make it more conscious, and to
consider what to do next.

> Anyway, still here in the ashes with the Phoenix.

So's my heart.  I can imagine your spirit is everywhere, now, waiting
to collect together and return, maybe once we offer the Truth it
needs.  I think some people want to force a messiah or a
hyperintelligent alien or whatnot out of our phoenixes.  We're forcing
the whole world in response.

> Marcos

Your name is Marcos.  Mine is Karl.  But I'd prefer to be called by
some other name like xloem which I use for coding on the internet or
'swamp maple' which was my favorite tree species when young.  I'm
really more of an 'oak': i can weather any storm.  I break, and I keep
growing larger.  I will feed a community some day, and I know this.
You will too.